Saturday, 8 October 2011

I never wanna be old...

Work today was INSANELY busy, like queue outta the door for three straight hours with only two of us on the tills busy (half the normal amount of staff), yet I managed to balance to the penny. My manager mentioned to me I need to sort my uniform out as at the minute I wear black trousers, the navy blue shirt and my own black cardigan... apparently you have to wear ALL uniform or none at all. I guess it's fair enough in a sense, but I'm really wondering what to do. My work uniform trousers don't fit me (at a size 14... if you could actually see me you'd be flabbergasted that I'm officially considered a size 16 in some places) and I could order some size 16s, but I'm just trying to avoid it. I feel too upset and shit about my weight and anything focusing on it would be really embarrassing, plus they're really high waisted trousers, give serious camel toe and are just all over uncomfortable and badly fitting. I find it hard to wear them with my bladder condition, tight clothes exacerbate it loads and make it even more impossible to get out of the house and go to work if I'm already sore. The cardigan I can lose but I'm annoyed they're being so petty about wearing black smart trousers rather than navy blue uniform ones, especially as I'm behind the counter all day and nobody has ever even noticed. Meh.

After work I came home, and we went out to look for Christmas presents. I wanted to start early so that we're not really skint come December and just to get it out of the way. Ended up finding a really nice coffee mocha pot thing for my dad/stepmum which makes proper coffee (we have one and it's awesome) and I'm getting my nephew his present tomorrow with some vouchers, and know what we're getting my brother/his gf. I really can't be arsed with all this present shit, managed to dodge it last year with the death and all that but this year there isn't much choice. Last year my mum chose this mega blocks huge lego thing for my nephew before she died, which we wrapped up and gave to him (Sad, crushing memory No. 343). We had a proper mooch round House of Fraser, I love that shop but it makes me sad. I can't afford anything in it to be fair, but my mum used to take me there a lot, when it was Hammonds, as she liked it and to pay off the store credit card on the top floor back when they had an in-house team for that sorta thing. She used to work there on the top floor before I was born, too. It still has loads of the old features, marble staircases etc. and going there just makes me miss her so much. We came home and had some alone time and then went out to tesco to try get a week's worth of food for us both on £10-15, didn't happen. Sick to death of not having enough money, and of spending my own hard earned cash on luxury shit like makeup and lip balms I don't even need, despite struggling to buy food. I need to take control. At least today I haven't eaten anything bad at all.

Bumped into a couple that have just moved into the block of flats next to us, they seem nice and we had a general bitch about this twat living on the top floor of their block who has parties constantly and seems to be dealing drugs. I base that assumption on the fact that people turn up all through the day looking stunningly smashed, as I went out to my car at 8:15am for work this morning a few of them were waiting to get in the gate armed with crates of cider, they said I didn't look like I was off to the party they were going to, and then invited me to it after work. No way can anyone be turning up for a party at 8am unless they're on speed. Another guy in their block found a few used needles around the carport area once they moved in too. Just pisses me off, they make loads of noise and I feel as though I'm back at uni having my life and sleep disturbed by a set of inconsiderate ignorant cunts.

No comments:

Post a Comment