Aww I had the best night with my little nephew tonight. He did cry quite a lot, inbetween episodes of Ben & Holly and Peppa the Pig, but the most amazing thing was when he was crying/upset he actually threw himself into my arms... tonight's the first time that's ever happened for us. When his dad left he cried for a few minutes stood near the sofa as I played with his toys hoping he'd join me, he didn't so I turned to him, opened my arms and said 'fancy a hug?' and he RAN into my arms, lifted his legs up so I wouldn't put him down and snuggled into me crying. It was amazing... then we ended up snuggling on the sofa watching kids tv together, it honestly meant so much that he sees me as someone he can go to for comfort, having him snuggled on my lap and trusting me like that is still so new and amazing. Having a nephew/being an auntie is just brilliant. By the time his dad got back he had slid off me onto the floor and was bringing stuff to me to show me, making talky sounds and trying to catch bubbles I blew at him.
Can't stop listening to 'Sentimental' by Porcupine Tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment