Saturday, 28 January 2012

20lbs in 1 month

Well with a bit of hard work I've managed to shed 19lbs so far this year, I'm assuming I'll drop another lb within the next couple of days bringing it to a 20lb loss in 1 month. Weird thing is, I haven't found it hard at all. Before using that app I thought it'd be impossible to lose weight at all but turns out it's really easy. I haven't exactly over-exercise either, been swimming a few times and my sessions on the bike/rower have only been 20 minutes at a time. On Friday I did go on a crazy 90 minute powerwalk across about 4 or 5 miles or something but that was mainly because I'd had an argument and was really pissed off n had to get out of the flat, it's like a pressure cooker if you're in it too long while tensions are high. I intended to go walk down to my mum's old bungalow just to see if anyone has occupied it yet but I realised about halfway there I just couldn't be arsed so trudged home in a different direction. But yeah, the main factor has been really tight calorie control, it's surprising how much you can fit into 1200 calories. It's so empowering and gives me a proper rush, I wake up in the morning like 5-7am (cheers, laxatives) then really look forward to getting on the scales and seeing another pound disappear. I think I'm self aware enough to know that I'm the sort of person who could wind up with an eating disorder, I felt miserable and totally way out of control when I was heavier and binged on junk and then felt disgusting about myself, I never made myself sick because I couldn't seem to do it but I often thought about it and how much easier it would make things. I think I'll be satisfied when I get down to 9 stone, and then i'll gradually increase my calorie intake to find the spot where I'm not losing or gaining any more weight. None of my recent clothes really fit anymore, but my old ones do. A few people at work have commented on how much weight I've suddenly lost and have heard about it through the grapevine which means people are talking about it when I'm not there, which must mean it's dramatic enough a change for people to notice. But nothing but good things have been said, everyone's really pleased that I've managed to do it. Most people have said they can see weight has come off my face, my friend I met on Friday could see it has come off my arms, and bf can see how much flatter and more hard my stomach is looking. I'm really starting to feel like my old self again with regards to weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment