I forgot to write the other day... before I started writing here, early 2011 when my mum had just died and my infections were flaring like crazy and I got moved to a totally new branch of the place I work, I had a lot of time off sick due to my bladder and the manager there was a grade a Cunt. I fucking hated him. He was really nasty, a few times he called me into an informal meeting with my line manager (this vindictive, weird, robotic woman) and told me how serious my sickness was getting and that I was in line for disciplinary and could lose my job, and I just burst into tears like seriously, hardly being able to speak crying and they just sat there, him saying 'why are you crying, Faye?' and me saying well ya know, my mum just died, I'm in fucking agony, I'm taking a lot of drug cocktails to even get into work and now you're telling me I might lose my job. And he'd say nasty things like 'I've got a limp, and I get into work' and 'my dad's dying of bone cancer and you don't see me crying, do you?' etc. and would be like look, what do you expect the company to do? And how no other branch would take me in a transfer out of that hell hole. I know it may not sound like he was too bad based on that but I'm a pretty objective person and he was just nasty and intimidating and cruel. Anyway on my last shift there he had another informal meeting with me where he kinda tried to goad me into saying I wasn't up for the job and when I stuck to a fixed smile and gritted teeth and tried to sell myself and pretend I was passionate about the company and these blips with my health would maybe go away, said 'if you'd have agreed that you weren't up to it then we'd be having a very different discussion right now' about letting me go, 'but as it is, you're moving back to *home branch*'. I was obviously thrilled and felt like I'd been snatched out of the jaws of hell, but still he made that period of time a lot worse and more upsetting for me. As I've said before my current managers are wonderful but that one was a dick.
Anyway turns out he's been fired for fiddling the figures and is now jobless. I'm not a vindictive person but my god, finding that out was brilliant. I didn't have to do a thing to bring him down like I fantasised about doing, he did it all himself. And now it's clear that he really is a piece of shit and I'm not just mental or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment