Monday, 2 January 2012

New Year

Was awesome, a weekend of laughing so much I nearly wet myself on several occasions, cos my friends are just that funny. It was really lovely, we went to this bridge in London to watch the fireworks get let off at midnight, though nobody knew the exact countdown so it was like 'waiting, waiting, waiting HAPPY NEW YEAR!' then on the Sunday we went down to Oxford St for a mooch around in the torrential downpour, checking out shops and failing to find a coffee shop that had seats in it. And then we came home. I loved it. Couldn't give a shit about New Year but being around my closest friends for more than an hour or two in Costa is heaven on earth, we had a blast. And none of us got inappropriately drunk which is a new one. I actually missed bf while we were gone too and it was really nice knowing I was coming home to him, and a nice hot fresh bowl of Ozoni soup. Then I went to bed and had a really horrible dream that we were getting married and my mum was helping to plan it but she kept messing up and getting things wrong and it was really frustrating and scary. Been looking into doing an MA in Social Work today, it would be really helpful for my future and a career in something I actually wanna do, but I can't afford it, even with max loans I'd still be on 50% of the income I need to survive (£5k a year loan is offered, I earn £10k atm and that's a struggle). So the only way I could really do it would be to a) know someone with money who would subsidise me (not happening) or save up to support myself (would take YEARS to do that at this rate when I don't have a spare £1 each month). Maybe I'm just better off in the position I'm in, with a degree, counselling skills qualifications, life experience and involved in voluntary work. I hope so anyway cos I don't have many other options atm.

I didn't really go out of my way to make resolutions cos they're a pile of crap, but this year I want to shed a stone (I've needed to for a year and a half now but last year was a bit mental with the bereavement and it just didn't end up happening), stay a non-smoker (haven't had one for about six weeks now, bf has quit too, he slipped up and had a few drags on NYE when alone to test himself, I was offered them but declined... though I'm not bothered about having the odd one or two throughout the year) and by summer I can start applying for new jobs because I'll have had a year of decent attendance record so new employers will get a decent reference, I can't stand that job much longer, and I'm stressed out because another sick day in the next three months will probably result in stage two disciplinary, where they can terminate my employment. And to finish my counselling course. And be an awesome Auntie. That's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment