Thursday, 2 February 2012

I got a really exciting letter yesterday...

"the request was reviewed with regard to exceptionality based on the following definition:

The patient is significantly different from the general population of patients with the condition in question and,

The patient is likely to gain significantly more benefit from the intervention than might normally be expected for patients with that condition.

It was felt in this case that exceptionality has been demonstrated and therefore I am pleased to inform you that the panel are agreeable to commission the procedure.'

So there you go... after a year of letters, phone calls, appeals etc. they've finally agreed that I can have sacral nerve stimulation therapy. Not sure when, it might not work, but it's about fucking time. Can't wait.. looks scary, but yeah. Finally.

In other news, I think we found my nephew in the paper yesterday. My sister was in there last year for setting fire to her house and getting four years prison for arson, then yesterday in the court file section a guy with the correct name, age etc. and no fixed address has been given 80 days in a young offenders institute for robbery, assault and some other stuff, I think that's her son, if not it's a huge coincidence. So now I know his name, it's really weird that there's a 20 year old guy out there who is related to me as much as my little nephew and he's going through that with his mum in jail, homeless and looks like his life is pretty awful too. I'm not gonna do anything or try get in touch, too much on my plate, but it is really sad for the both of them. Makes you wonder what else went on, eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment