Thursday, 23 February 2012
I left work at lunch on Tuesday, didn't go in Wednesday. The past couple nights I've slept 12 hours each night, plus napped for about 6 hours yesterday day time. Managed to get to uni on the night with a lift from my brother which was really nice of him as he wasn't out taking his gf to uni as well like I thought, he came all the way out just to help me. Then I left halfway through just so I got my attendance mark. My limbs are all numb and feel buzzy inside, I'm SO tired it's like, beyond anything I've ever felt before. My skin has gone to pot, normally it is really clear and nice but suddenly I'm covered in spots and feel like I look a mess. My mouth is permanently dry, my lips are so dry I'm putting lipbalm on 24/7 and the corners of my mouth have split which is the worst part, they're really sore and look as though I have cold sores or something but really it's just dry and split and nasty. On the plus side I do weigh 9 stone 7 now, so I'm at my target in theory, though I'm gonna see if I can get down to 9, and I don't have much of an appetite right now anyway. I don't know if I'm going to go into work tomorrow, I feel really truly stuck. I'm too sick to go, I know that, I just can't hack it right now, and for the next fortnight it's just gonna get worse as I increase the buprenorphine patches, but I think I must be close to running out of sick pay, in which case I'm going to be totally fucked, I need to get in and get through the door. So I'll probably go tomorrow on the train, and at least if I'm there, I'm there. It's just torture being in that environment surrounded by people and feeling so rough. I know I sound like I'm complaining a lot but I honestly have pushed myself a LOT over the past year to try and keep up with work while feeling shocking and I honestly feel like I reached my limit weeks ago and then suddenly snapped and thought, I can't do this anymore. My friends say my health is more important than work, but I can't think that way if I run out of sick pay, I'm really worrying about it. And the worst part is if I'm not there, not working the hours let alone the overtime I'm not gonna be able to save up for uni in September, I just need to pull myself together but all I want to do is sleep :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment