Friday, 16 September 2011

Cold comfort for change...

I'm up and listening to Wish You Were Here again, godamnit I love Pink Floyd. Had another nightmare last night, part of the nightmare was that I was visiting this zoo place that I've been to in my dreams before and some kid or adult had gone into the insect part, my favourite bit, and unlocked all the cages, leaving tonnes of spiders of all different species running free, I was both scared, and immensely angry and upset because they were probably going to die out of the right habitat, so I went searching for whoever did it to hit them (like that's gonna change it). At some point I was in a plane with Brad Pitt also, and my mum was trying to set a firework off but it went wrong and shot out at the ground a few houses down and we couldn't see who or what it had hit. Then I was trying to plan and attend her funeral, a double one with her partner, but she was at the wake and getting ready to go and see everybody, I was trying to keep her from touching alcohol as I think in the dream she had gotten sober or something, but she was determined to have a glass of champagne each with Dave, the guy she was with up until and when she died, who died in the dream but didn't in real life. I just gave up in the end and let her grab the alcohol and go back outside to meet people. My brother and I were searching for money to pay the wake, and turns out it was inside a locked metal box at the bottom of this really murky lake we had to wade across... then we found it, got about £10k each of our inheritance and the dream ended. I find that people seem to assume I've been left with at least some money now a parent has died, albeit prematurely, but bless her, she didn't have anything to leave except a £4k pension thingy from her work she chose to leave us if she died rather than take herself when she got the sack. The funeral cost as much as that so we've ended up skinter than before once you take into account the headstone (£900). It all costs stupid amounts of money, I hate it. On the funeral bill receipt they even details every price of every little thing and it actually cost only £80 to embalm her, which is pretty creepy when taxidermists charge hundreds or thousands to preserve pets. But I guess pets need to be preserved for years and years whereas people just need to look okish for a week or two before they're shut into a box in the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment